The Regional Network Development Plan guides the short, medium and long-term priorities needed to modernise the network with more track, more trains, better facilities and more services.
Since 2014, the Victorian Government has invested $59 billion into public transport to keep Victorians moving.
The 2022/23 State Budget includes more investment to continue building a public transport system that we can all rely on, including:
- $265 million for 12 brand-new VLocity trains that will be built and maintained in Victoria for the regional rail network and new stabling facilities in Bairnsdale for Vlocity trains on the Gippsland line
- $248 million to keep people and goods moving, including V/Line organisational improvement projects to support the reliability and efficiency of regional passenger rail operations, and major periodic maintenance and routine maintenance works on freight rail corridors
- $109 million to improve Victoria’s suburban and regional bus services and bus stops to connect people to education and work, alongside fill gaps in the network
- $58 million to improve accessibility and safety at train stations, including Woodend and Warrnambool.
- Regional Network Development Plan [PDF 257KB]
- Regional Network Development Plan [DOCX 79.1KB]