New travel patterns and places
Deliver a people-focused system that enhances communities with sustainable new travel patterns, public and active transport and shared mobility services.
- Use data and digital capabilities to develop new travel options and ways to plan journeys to reflect changing behaviours and expectations.
- Connect communities through network reforms, regular services, and service types such as ‘turn up and go’ and ‘rapid running.’
- Ensure places and transport networks are developed in ways that encourage cycling and walking.
- Use the transport system to plan and deliver land use outcomes and precinct developments that increase liveability.
Key initiatives include
- Key initiatives include Suburban Rail Loop
- PTV app enhancements and RideSpace
- More train services across metropolitan and regional Victoria through driver training and recruitment
- Demand responsive transport including FlexiRide bus
- Active transport initiatives to support walking and cycling, including new and upgraded bike lanes and pop-up bike lanes, shared paths, cycling prioritisation pilots, school crossings and pedestrian infrastructure
- Precinct design and planning including Arden, Sunshine and Richmond to Flinders
- Embed 20-minute neighbourhood principles
- Movement and Place Framework
Measures of success include
- Passengers on public transport
- Public transport service punctuality and delivery
- Cycling and pedestrian projects completed