Advance technology and assets
Leverage new technologies and optimise the performance of transport system assets.
- Invest efficiently in asset maintenance systems and strategies that strengthen the reliability and resilience of the transport system.
- Plan and deliver ways to leverage more from our assets and support the introduction of new technology and services.
- Enable more efficient and reliable freight supply chains.
Key initiatives include
- Metro rail infrastructure renewal program
- Rail infrastructure maintenance and improvements, including focus on regional rail
- Road asset maintenance program and local road upgrades
- Pier and jetty projects
- Critical bridge strengthening
- Management and maintenance of bridge assets
- Keeping Victorians Moving package
- Pavement maintenance and renewal program
- Next Generation Ticketing Project
- Heavy vehicle improvement program, including training new drivers
- Port Rail Shuttle Network
- Mode Shift Incentive Scheme program
- Keeping Freight Moving
- Train radio system upgrade
Measures of success include
- Roads meeting standards
- Roads asset management
- Road-based freight accessibility and reliability projects completed