The Department of Transport and Planning has released a summary of its Strategic Plan for the next four years, setting out the Department’s vision, purpose, and mission for transport and planning in Victoria.
Thriving places and connected communities
The Summary of our Strategic Plan 2023-27 reflects our new Department and brings together our vision, purpose and mission, consistent with Government objectives, priorities, and budget decisions.
Our vision of thriving places and connected communities will help us better realise local economic and community opportunities for more liveable communities across Victoria.
We’re planning, building, operating, and maintaining systems that achieve safe, sustainable and integrated transport and land use outcomes for Victorians, both now and into the future.
We are here to:
- Integrate Victoria’s transport, land and planning system to create an inclusive, successful, and sustainable state.
- Plan, build and operate a transport network that keeps people and freight moving now and into the future.
- Manage precinct and policy, land, planning, building and heritage systems to shape places and communities.
- Understand the social, economic, and physical needs of communities so that we can develop meaningful connections and thriving local places.
- Oversee the delivery of the major transport infrastructure program to build a better transport future for Victoria.
To read a summary of the DTP Strategic Plan 2023-27 visit the links below. Watch out in the coming weeks for the full Strategic Plan.